Sunday, March 27, 2011

Black Is My Addiction.

You know, I don't know what this blog is going to be, I sort of just started it on a whim because I wanted somewhere to vent my creativity. Whether or not that will actually be enjoyable to read, we shall see... Maybe I'll talk about places I'd like to be or people I look up to or fashion I love. All I know is that it will have nothing to do with my real life.





Don't get me wrong; I love my life. I just like to step away from it for a while and just sink into my imagination; things that aren't reality.


So today I'm going to talk about one of my favorite things in the whole world: fashion. <3 I think I'll chronicle some of my favorite fashion inspiration, one picture or piece each day that has inspired me and my fashion choices throughout my life, probably more for my sake than anything else. Really, I'll have one place that I can go to see all of my favorite aesthetic treats, I should've done this a long time ago! :)





I am inspired by strange things, and I don't have a set style. You'd probably never guess what I dress like by looking at what I'm inspired by. The only thing you need to know is I am not a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.


Today's inspiration is...

I saw this picture on the Sartorialist a long time ago and saved it so I could look at it over and over and over again. She's so dramatic looking, which is something I like. I love the contrast of the black with her porcelain skin. She looks like she could be the beautiful villain in a story.  I think it just might have started my addiction to black- an addiction I've been trying very hard to break. Today I caved. What can I say? I have a problem. 


Therefore, today's outfit was mainly comprised of black. Black shoes, black tights, black dress, black belt and black details on my sweater! But I am just telling myself that by throwing in the bright blue sweater, it doesn't make me look quite as vampy. I can't help it, I just love the way black looks.  
Yeah, that's me. :) That's all of me that you're going to get!

PS: Through extensive googling, I found this beauty. I think my life just changed forever:


No comments: