Since I haven't done this before, I am going to begin with the things I am most overtly thankful for. As time goes on I will name more obscure things that I am really thankful for.
1. My nephew.
I adore my nephew. I didn't realize it was possible to love a human being like I love him. It always makes my day to come home and see him. He's getting to the stage where he is always giggling and smiling, and let me tell you, there is nothing that makes my day more than that baby's smile.
2. The sun. It may seem like a given, but in Seattle, it isn't. It's weird how quickly my mood picks up just by seeing sunlight.
3. Books. Need I say more?
4. Bread. I love bread. Especially of the garlic variety.
5. Hair. You can tell me it's dead protein growing out of my head but I won't listen! I love hair, and I love trying out every single brand of shampoo, deep conditioner and homemade remedy on my hair. :)
What was I thinking when I cut it off? :D
6. High heels. I could spend a million dollars on high heels, but I'm frugal (read: cheap) so I frequently peruse the discount shelf at Kohl's because they always have Vera Wang shoes for really cheap. So I guess I'm thankful for discount high heels.
7. My parents.
At the moment, this song particularly.
9. History. I am a huge history nerd. Anastasia's Album was my absolute favorite book when I was little and I have probably read it a million times. I love ancient history (the ancient Greeks, Bible-time history) and I love modern history (World War I and II) and my favorite time period is the American Revolution. This ties into #3. I am wild about historical fiction, particularly books like Celia Garth, The Yankee Stranger, Annie Between The States... I could go on naming books for days.
10. YouTube. I don't know why, but I have this innate need to hear people talking. I love going to Youtube and just watching people talk. My favorites are Leonardo Dicaprio, James Stewart, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley (Yeah... that's my embarrassing confession for the day).
I've been getting writer's block lately and I think I really need to just get into the habit of writing something everyday. I do better with pre-set blog post ideas so maybe I'll browse blogs for ideas like this one and the A-Z list of the men in my life that I can do each day. Any ideas? :)