Wednesday, May 25, 2011

10 Things I'm Thankful For.

Since I haven't done this before, I am going to begin with the things I am most overtly thankful for. As time goes on I will name more obscure things that I am really thankful for.

  1. My nephew.

I adore my nephew. I didn't realize it was possible to love a human being like I love him. It always makes my day to come home and see him. He's getting to the stage where he is always giggling and smiling, and let me tell you, there is nothing that makes my day more than that baby's smile.

2. The sun. It may seem like a given, but in Seattle, it isn't. It's weird how quickly my mood picks up just by seeing sunlight.

3. Books. Need I say more?

4. Bread. I love bread. Especially of the garlic variety.

5. Hair. You can tell me it's dead protein growing out of my head but I won't listen! I love hair, and I love trying out every single brand of shampoo, deep conditioner and homemade remedy on my hair. :)
What was I thinking when I cut it off? :D

6. High heels. I could spend a million dollars on high heels, but I'm frugal (read: cheap) so I frequently peruse the discount shelf at Kohl's because they always have Vera Wang shoes for really cheap. So I guess I'm thankful for discount high heels.

7. My parents.
They gave me everything I needed growing up. I'm not talking about material possessions, I'm talking about emotional, spiritual support. They instilled in me a love of Jesus and always made sure I knew how loved I was. In this world that's not a given and I'm so thankful I was given the parents I have.

8. Music.
At the moment, this song particularly.

9. History. I am a huge history nerd. Anastasia's Album was my  absolute favorite book when I was little and I have probably read it a million times. I love ancient history (the ancient Greeks, Bible-time history) and I love modern history (World War I and II) and my favorite time period is the American Revolution. This ties into #3. I am wild about historical fiction, particularly books like Celia Garth, The Yankee Stranger, Annie Between The States... I could go on naming books for days.

10. YouTube. I don't know why, but I have this innate need to hear people talking. I love going to Youtube and just watching people talk. My favorites are Leonardo Dicaprio, James Stewart, Andrew Garfield and Keira Knightley (Yeah... that's my embarrassing confession for the day).

I've been getting writer's block lately and I think I really need to just get into the habit of writing something everyday. I do better with pre-set blog post ideas so maybe I'll browse blogs for ideas like this one and the A-Z list of the men in my life that I can do each day. Any ideas? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate to number one! I don't have a nephew, but I have a niece, and I love her beyond words. You just wait till your nephew starts talking! When he says your name, your heart will melt. My niece has already reduced mine to a puddle. But a lovely, warm puddle, so I'm okay with it. :D

I don't live in a particularly rainy place, but I still very much appreciate the sunlight.

That's a lovely song. And the singer is really cute. ;) Her accent makes the cuteness particularly prominent.

I love when people love history! I think history is fascinating, and I always enjoy a good historical fiction, but for some reason history is one of my least favorite classes in school. I don't know why, and I really wish it wasn't! I admire people who are able to say they love history . . . because history is really cool and deserves people's love.

And, ha! number 10? You are so interesting and weird! I like you.